Sunday, January 01, 2012

Release from Negativity

For some reason there are certain people that bring out really negative feelings in me. A couple have done nothing outwardly to bring these feelings about while one in particular left a thorn in my side that has proven to be next to impossible to remove. As I am trying to pray and meditate more regularly these feelings are becoming more unacceptable to me. I have been in such a negative space for so long that it is proving to be a hard task moving out of it. The negativity has been an inward, introverted attack and does not find expression outwardly very often. Despite this though, it affects the way I see the world. The way I judge or don't judge others. It is time to move from this place because it is holding me back and creating chains on my spirit.

4 Comments:

Blogger River said...

what are your thoughts on how to come to forgiveness (whether for thorns you are conscious of or those you aren't)?

1:26 PM  
Blogger Jeong-Eui = justice said...

in the past i have tried to understand how to forgive. i have been able to forgive in some areas of my life but not others. maybe at the root of it is that in some cases it is about justice not realized or shame so deep that forgiving is very difficult. the ability to forgive is one of the things i have prayed and meditated on these past couple of days.

1:59 PM  
Blogger River said...

here is my idea about forgiveness:
i really do believe that everyone does what seems best to them in every moment, *given their current set of beliefs.* i may come up totally confused about how someone managed to create a certain set of beliefs (like "its ok to hurt someone i love as long as i protect myself" for example) but i know that i've had some pretty messed up belief patterns at times, too. so, knowing that i've acted some unpleasant belief systems as well, i find it easier to "love the sinner, hate the sin" so to speak, which feels like forgiveness to me.
in some cases, i have chosen to end friendships because the "sin" is so great and/or so recurring that i believe it's in my best interest to distance myself from someone, but i can still love and have compassion for the person who is stuck is such a strange belief system.

9:11 AM  
Blogger ryran said...

I admire you River .. that strive to live your life like that. I really like that.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home