Monday, August 22, 2011

Assertiveness: Becoming Mindful of Gifts

Yesterday I started something that I hope will become routine and that is choosing a virtue for the week. I am hoping this routine will become habit because Lord knows I really need to be getting more positive information in my brain. My first virtue is assertiveness. Yesterday I focused on the practice of speaking my truth with peaceful confidence. I really didn't get much opportunity to do that but it helped to have it forefront in my mind. In addition to, "I speak my truth with peaceful confidence", I will add, "I value the gifts I have to give".

"Dost thou reckon thyself a puny form, when within thee the universe is folded?" ~ Imam Ali
Today I will also give myself the chance to ponder on the gifts I have that will help me to loose my temper a lot less often. I will also take the time to become mindful of these gifts and speaking my truth so that when I am confronted with something that I can become angry about, I approach it in a different way.

1 Comments:

Blogger ryran said...

You go girl.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home