Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Now is the Time

I recently met a woman who reminded me of what my greatest gift is. We don't speak the same language. We don't practice the same religion. We are separated in age by two generations. We are not from the same culture. Yet, my heart and soul responded in her presence. Like a wind that was once restrained finding release. She held a peace and composure that I felt instantly drawn towards. I asked her to teach me how to listen to God and she did. She showed me how to meditate. She reminded me of the intimate connection between prayer and meditation. The most profound thing she did without saying anything, was to remind of the one gift I have that I can be passionate about and can make my life's focus. It is spiritual strength and power. I was told once by a fortune teller I spoke to on a whim many years ago, that I possessed a spiritual power that I do not acknowledge or accept. He told me that this power was passed to me by mother because she prayed so much when she was pregnant with me. He told me that I would not be happy, feel centered or find peace until I embraced this power. He told me that it was my guiding voice if I chose to listen to it. He told me things I already knew but had never voiced aloud or in writing.

Meeting this woman re-awakened something inside of me that I thought was dead and lost. Beaten down by pain, compromise, and neglect. I felt and saw a glimpse of the me that I knew but did not understand. I know now that this is my life's purpose. My life's goal and passion is to learn about this spiritual power, allow it to be the guiding force in my life, and infuse it into all that I do as a dancer, teacher, event organizer, writer...this is what I must do.

1 Comments:

Blogger River said...

excellent.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home