Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Making Moves

I am starting to eliminate any extra stuff from my life that I can choose to cut out. Activities that are not fostering love or are not conducive to me feeling more positive about myself. The only thing that fits this description at the moment was the pro dance team I was asked to be on. I never really connected in any way to the people on the team or the choreography. I want to start working on my own stuff. I know now what I need to work on but I doubt very seriously that I will get it here as a dancer that is. The salsa community here is pretty narrow, not much variety, at least not in Abu Dhabi. There also is not a lot in the way of adult focused dance lessons of the more classical dance genres and that is what I want to be involved in.

I have contacted the people necessary to possibly start doing some private English tutoring on the side. I also have been approached about teaching private dance lessons too. I really need to start getting another cash flow so I can plan for my trips at Spring Break and over the summer. Now, I really want to start meditating and praying more regularly. I also hopefully will host a regular devotional/fireside here at my house. It looks like I may have found a group to do some volunteer work with and may even have the opportunity to learn and perform a style of dance I have always wanted to learn...flamenco!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home