Monday, November 03, 2008

Remembering that I am Doing What I Love

one way i am discovering to really love and appreciate myself is to do the things i love. on friday all of my classes were cancelled so me and a few friends from my MAT program got together to watch a movie and have dinner. friday night i went to a Latin dance party hosted by a woman i am going to be collaborating with. saturday my friend amy and i spent some time together. we went to the museum here for a day of the dead festival hosted by the hispanic community. i saw so many people there that i know. then saturday night i drove down to charleston and went dancing at toucan reef. it was fun. i realised that one of the reasons i hadn't felt as free with my dancing for awhile is that i forgot what it meant for me to dance. i think i started dancing with the thought in mind that people were watching me. during my drive to the club i kept remindng myself of why i dance and what it means to me. dance is my first love. when i remember this i can dance with abandon and be happy dancing with someone or alone. i don't pay as much attention to who is watching. it doesn't matter.

the best part of the weekend happened during the day on sunday. i stayed overnight with my friend mesha. on sunday we did a dance class together. she is teaching me west african dance and i am teaching her Latin dancing. it was AMAZING!!! as we get more comfortable with these styles we will be looking at ways to blend them :) because i am planning to move to charleston we looked at houses for a little while too. i am cooking up a project though. i have been wanting to do the course on the history of hip hop that i did in Korea. i can see how it can be expanded and truely dynamic!

i think the break through i had realizing that i had created a personality to deal with things helped me to start redirecting my thoughts when i start going down a dark road. when i start realizing that i have no control. things are starting to come together and i am so very happy for that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home