Monday, January 17, 2005

Groovin' and Reconnecting

Can I just say that I got my groove on last night!!!! The salsa club I went to was hoppin'. The vibe was real chill. I walked in and immediately felt at ease. Not too pretentious. Nicely decorated. I didn't feel unsafe. (I went alone.) Of course I wasn't asked to dance very often so I just asked guys to dance with me. This one guy Cordell was an awesome dancer. See sometimes you dance with guys who are more into the more ballroom style and then sometimes you meet a rare one who is more "cuban style". The moves are faster and there is alot of hip and footwork and improvisation...not choreographed improv. Basically you feed off of the energy of your partner. This guy Cordell could so this.

Then I met another guy there who couldn't dance very well but was pretty cool. I mention him because tonight I went to an interreligious observance of Martin Luther King Day and he was there. It was pretty cool too because when he found out I was a Baha'i he told me that while he was teaching English in China he worked with 4 Baha'is. Then he travelled to Israel on his way home and went to the Baha'i Holy Land. He said it was beautiful.

I got to meet up with my aunt and uncle, Allison and Tod. It was so good to catch up on things with them. It was crazy to find out that we were all looking at the same Masters program at Columbia College. It definitly has made me want to pursue it even more. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home