Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The New Job

I started my part-time job yesterday at the medical center. I must say that I did like what I saw. The most important thing to me is watching how people interact. How they work under pressure. It gets really hectic there. When I arrived phones were ringing off the hook and patients coming from every direction. I do know this, at some point last night I had a deja vu moment. I know that I am meant to be there. No question about it. I have these "flashbacks" quite often. I had them alot in Korea. In a split second I can actually remember the dream that I may have had. It is wild.

Anyway, the only thing is that at times I think people are too laid back. Not to the point that work doesn't get done but that interaction with patients becomes unprofessional. Basically, when a person acts too familiar with a person. Also, sometimes it gets really loud at the front desk and every one waiting in the waiting area can hear. It can almost sound as if people are playing around.

I was very impressed though with how people were able to keep up with the hectic pace. People also were sincere. I didn't sense any 0f that passive agressive stuff. If a person was bothered they said it. If a person snapped at someone they apologized. I guess it is the nature of the situation. When you are busy and tired then it is not unusual to loose your cool at moments. I like the fact that there seems to be an understanding about that. It feels like a family. This type of environment might be good for me.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home