Monday, January 10, 2005

Hanging With the Cousins

Sara and Allison drove up from Delray Beach last week and stopped by our house on their way to grandma's in Virginia. It was awesome to get to see Allison again. I definitly have to plan a trip down to Delray again. My mom suggested that I just catch the Amtrak from here...it stops in Delray. I am thinking about it. It wouldn't be too hard to get down there if I travelled that way. I met Sara for the first time and she is so cool. I really didn't get to talk to her much. I had to work and by the time I got home there were other people over. I realised after that I could have pulled her aside so we could talk..oh well. I think I'll give her a call. I have been thinking of travelling out to Colorado to see my brother and she lives there as well as her mom and dad. I am thinking it might be a good idea to go out there while I have the time now. My mother told me that she had lots of questions about the Baha'i Faith and took materials home with her to read. She told Sara that she and I should talk because I have had a different experience than herself...so another reason to call ^^. One thing that I came to realise is that I am a fairly quiet person especially when I am home. I also don't like trying to get to know people in large groups. I don't like to just talk about stuff to shoot the breeze....I am not saying that surface conversations aren't important but I loose interest if that is all I am talking about with a person. The atmosphere when I got off work was such that "deep conversations" would not be all that appropriate...but I could have pulled Sara aside...next time. It has been so nice getting to connect with family members outside of my nucleus. We are so similar in many ways and then different in others. Allison and I got to talk alot when I was in Delray Beach and I am so impressed with her. I am hoping to get to spend some time with Sara soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home