Wednesday, January 12, 2005

JUSTICE IS SERVED!!!

Well, without going into great detail, I left Korea suddenly almost two months ago because I found out that the company I was working for was operating illegally. My friend Young-Uk just IM'd me saying that the company is finally being brought down. Apparently they were treating many of their foreign teachers unfairly. They were skimming 17% to 49% off of teachers' salaries. They made 800 million won in 2004 as a result. (approx. 800,000USD) They were getting visas illegally by forging government documents. I am in shock as I find this out. My friend is IMimg me now. She is translating Korean to English to tell me what is happening. I am trying to find out if there is any way to receive back pay.

Part of the reason I left was because I found out that if I were to stay I could get into trouble but it looks like that isn't happening to the people still working for them. I am a little bummed. I really miss living there. Although it was not hard to return to the States, my heart is still in Korea. There is a part of me that wants to jump up and get on a plane back. The thing is, I could do that pretty easily so I gotta stay focused. Graduate school...have to stay focused. I am happy though that justice, in any small way, is being done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home