Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Cuz Nevin Said So

Hey Adalia, First of all, I really liked the blogs. But I didn't see anything about being asked to be a part of this huge thing called Insights. You better make some changes homie.

I was asked a few weeks ago by a long lost aquaintance ,turned friend, to help plan a Baha'i Young Adult Conference in Maine. Now, I have been gone for awhile so I am not so plugged into things here but the word on the street is that the "Insights" conferences are pretty on point. With all these single Baha'is, young married couples Baha'is, young married couples with children Baha'is there is a need to address their needs. No longer youth and stepping into adulthood which brings with it a whole nother set of struggles and opportunities to serve, it's pretty cool that these conferences are getting off the ground. I must admit though that I did hesitate to accept the offer to serve in this way cuz I was not interested in stepping into a "singles hook up" conference. My long lost aqaintance turned friend did a pretty good job of setting me straight...nothing but serious truth seeking here. Pretty cool. So now I am a little less clueless...just getting the planning committee together.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home