Monday, August 11, 2008

Getting on the Good Foot!

i should be finishing up the last of my errands before going to Florence to be with my brother and sister. i am packed and ready to go to Atlanta tomorrow morning. i have been back in South Carolina since March(08). i am amazed by how easy the transition has been. the hardest part was not having a space of my own and underplanning financially. it was a major wake up call for me. i want to change everything about how i do things after i graduate from grad school in August next year. yes, i am also in graduate school and quite happy. i am going to Atlanta to train with an amazing woman named Anana. she is a salsa dancer also and we are very similar in our approach to dance. i am sooooo excited!!!

i recently met an incredible man. we have talked but have decided to be friends. we both have a lot on our plates and we'll just see where things will take us. we are very involved in similar pursuits so i feel like i will get to know him pretty well. in the process of communicating with him and really looking at myself i realized that i got too emotionally attached too soon. this has been the pattern with me. i think it is a type of sabatoge and i want to stop it. i will be going back into therapy to pull out this final piece that is connected to my childhood. i am certain there is much more for me to heal but i tell you i have done so much work on myself. i think if there is more for me to work out it will come as a result of being married and having to share my life with some one else.

i feel myself growing in leaps and bounds these days. i have had to change the way i think fundamentally to do well in my grad program. i am having to change the way i approach my heart and not be so reckless with it. i can feel that i am getting so much closer to God and maybe, just maybe bridging the gap that was created by me so long ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home