Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Unfolding Future

over this Chu'seok holiday a few things have occurred in my small world. i came across my muse...Jehro....i cannot help but to write and see movement in my mind when i listen to him. he has become my inspiration for searching for my own voice. my own way of expressing myself through dance, as a teacher, as a writer. his song "All I Want" has been playing since yesterday. i can't help but to listen over and over and over again because he seems to be speaking to this journey i have been on. my favorite lines are " I know, finally, I have never been alone. I just couldn't see."

a very import thing i also realized is that for most of my life i have been looking outside of myself for fulfillment artistically and in love. today i realized that everything i need artistically is inside me already, i only need to find my own voice and then set to perfecting it. in doing so i also discover love. my fears of being alone forever seemed to have this hold on me and i didn't see it for so long. i didn't really pursue what my heart wanted because it would take me so far off the beaten path. my greatest unhappiness is an unfulfilled life and i know this now. somewhere, somehow, i learned that to have a fulfilled life meant that someone had to be sharing it with me. i also know that what ever path this is i am traveling, it is different and the only way i would be happy in a union is if i am already fulfilled. love will find me on this path. i just have to be true to my heart so i can see another's.

a life decision that i came to is that i will return to Coastal Carolina University and get my MAT. it is a 14 month course Masters in Teaching with teacher certification. achieving this will open many doors for me in my career. my plan, a this point, is after i am finished, is to work as a teacher overseas again in places where a teacher's salary is quite lucrative and where i can study dance...even teach dance. i am not sure how long i will be doing this. it just feels like a natural progression.

i have no idea where all of this is heading but i do know that i am not afraid. things are falling into place, making it obvious that the way i am going is definitely my way. i am feeling the same confirmation and peace i felt when i first came to Korea 5 years ago. my life has taken so many turns since then. so many dreams i didn't know i had or were even mine were fulfilled here. having had such an experience how can i be afraid or doubt?

1 Comments:

Blogger mykgerard said...

Wow... intense realization... Teaching seems to be where its at for you... and yes I'd agree... At its most basic level art is about what and who you are.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home