Thursday, January 20, 2005

Patience is a Virtue

My day completely brightened up after a call to a grad school program at Columbia College in Columbia South Carolina. I am looking at the Divergent Learners Masters in Ed. I found out that not only is the GRE not required...because I had a GPA higher than 3.2...but that I can modify the course to whatever work I am doing with young people. Suddenly the world of possibilities and opportunities opened wide. I am already talking with Uncle Tod about developing a youth program that would improve upon already established programs. I am really excited. I realised that I didn't want to go to New York and learn on the job. I want to know what I am doing. I don't want to waste a year of a child's education so that I can figure out how to educate them as they deserve to be.

I was looking at this program while I was in Korea but lost sight of it as time passed. I recently came back to it. Although no one will be paying for the program for me, I will be done in a year and will have experience and education. That is all I want. Columbia is also WAY cheaper to live in than New York. I have an excellent salsa club and an awesome Korean restaurant...crazy wonderful Baha'i community and an adoptive little sister...I will be very happy. PLUS, I will be close to my mom but not in her house^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home