Friday, July 01, 2005

Poverty/Wealth...Abasement/Glory

I am trying to get myself in the habit of reading the Writings every morning and evening. I am starting with the "Hidden Words" but I am feeling like I want to get into the Kitabi-Iqan. Today I mediated and pondered a Hidden Word whose theme was to not be sad in poverty or fearful of abasement. That wealth will once day come upon me and glory also. This is more than about money or status in society, it is also speaking of an inner state of being. That all of it is transitory. It is so easy to get caught up in whatever it is that is making me sad. I am having to reprogram the way I think about things. I have been fighting the part of me that is capable of more by getting caught up in settling and hurting myself. It is time for that to stop. I am learning to walk the middle way and although it has been hard, the key is letting go of the old patterns and thought processes. As I read the Hidden Words I am beginning to see and feel things differently. There is a universiality to struggle and suffering as well as happiness and prosperity. I am not special in any way when it comes to life but for some reason I have tricked myself into taking things so personally. Seeing things as they relate to me. There has to be a balance to all of this. The balance is to be detached from wealth and poverty/glory and abasement...these are temporary states of being that cannot be allowed to overtake me because if poverty or wealth overtakes me than I forget God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home