Friday, December 31, 2004

Corey Spears

My best friend from 5th grade saw my sister today at her job. He bought a computer from her and then recognized her name. He asked her is she was my sister and they got to talking.

I haven't seen him since he came back for a short time when I was in 8th grade. We didn't talk much but I remember all the girls going crazy about a week before he got here. He was a very handsome guy...even in 8th grade. There were a couple of girls who helped in the office and had his class schedule. Of course it was the "popular girls" but he impressed me when he finally got to Southside Middle School and wasn't interested. He and I never really talked again. I am not sure why but I moved and never went back to the elementary school where we were friends and he had left town. I don't remember why he moved. So when he came to Southside I got the feeling that even though we were best friends in 5th grade something had happened in the years between and we never really reconnected. I was kind of sad about that. Maybe in my mind I felt like we were best friends but to him it wasn't the same..which is completely possible. I have a tendancy to put alot of importance into interactions with people that I have experienced something significant with. He was probably the first friend I had that I ever told about my abusive father. I don't really remember everything that happened but for me it was very significant.

Oh well, my sister didn't give him my number and I have no idea how to get in contact with him. I guess there are just some people in life whose paths you are not meant to ever cross again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home