Friday, December 24, 2004

New York~THE INTERVIEW

Being in New York has been a good experience. I went to my interview for New York Teaching Fellows on Wensday. I went there feeling so confident but then as the interview got underway I felt less and less confident. I am not sure what it was. I wish now that I had prayed for strength and centeredness before I got there. There were about 25~30 people there and we were split into different groups for our interviews. Everyone was really nice and it was comfortable but I felt very unprepared. I just don't think I was mentally prepared for it. I was so busy just getting here and to the interview location that I really didn't think about the interview itself.

We'll see what happens. I have definitly learned my lesson. For the next interview I will try to prepare myself more mentally and spiritually. I should hear back in a month or so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeong-Eui = justice said...

I know now why my confidence slipped away. It was the competition I felt. The moment a whole barrage of people walked in, some eyeballing others, I got uncomfortable. I guess the better word is "scared". I didn't realise that my natural reaction to competition is to retreat. I felt myself draw up inside. I didn't feel like I could be myself. To make matters worse, I was supposed to create a lesson plan for my 5 minute teaching demonstration. ARGH!!! The good thing though is that I am taking it as a learning experience. No use feeling crappy about something in the past that I cannot change.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home