Friday, December 24, 2004

New York~ Reconnecting

Monday was my first day here. It was so cold. I think the temperature dropped dramatically that day. I met Kwang-hee in Manhattan. I was so happy to see him. We went to a Korean restaurant for dinner...kimchi jigae and doenjon jigae...hmmmmm so yummy. After dinner we walked a REALLY long time through CRAZY cold weather to meet up with Dong-wan. We stopped by a store for him to buy jeans. I was so impressed not only by his English but more so by the way he interacted with the people in the store. He was so kind and warm. He seemed at home. (Kwang-hee is a friend of mine from Korea who is visiting America for the first time.) He was not afraid to talk with people. I was so impressed. Dong-wan and my friend Jen met us at Starbuck's. I was so happy to see Dong-wan that I almost hugged him. I hadn't seen Jen for three years and she was so beautiful. What has really struck me though is that I am the same person with all of them. I felt so much stronger the authenticity of my friendships with these very different people. My heart felt so full.

Then yesterday I was able to spend time with my childhood friend Artemus. He is like a big brother to me. Ahhhhh...it felt like being at home. To see after all these years that we can still talk and that the true nature of our friendship is still there and strong. I am so happy. Reconnecting has been beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home