Thursday, December 30, 2004

My sister asks, "Adalia, are you going to be productive today?"

Okay, as the days progress a vision is developing.

Plan A: Get into Nork York City Teaching Fellows program. Move to New York. Live there for 3 years while working and going to school. Finish with teaching experience and a Masters degree. SWEET!! I should find out in a month or so if I made it through the interview.

In the event that Plan A is flops move to....

Plan B: Apply to programs similar to the one in New York (ie UMASS program) and to universities with masters in education with focuses that I am drawn to ( ie Harvard or Columbia College) Wait to find out if I am accepted. If I am accepted I won't be able to start until Fall 2006...ARGH!!! another year of....

....waiting...while waiting for Plan B to come to fruition, start now toward....

Plan C: Use the time I have between now and May. (Target date: May 15, 2005 my brother's graduation) Work a part-time job. Save money. Get my financial issues under control. Take an online TEFL Certification course with the possiblity of pursuing a diploma. Look into jobs overseas. I have no inclination to stay here in America another year unless I am studying for my Masters degree. If I can find an EFL job here in America, I'll think about staying but if not...ANYOUNGIKASEYO!!! Look into the possibilities mentioned in Plan B. Study for and take the GRE. Start working out. Take a pilates class. I may have to get another job to make my financial commitments but all I have is time right now...and it's meant to be productive...so let's be PRODUCTIVE.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with the new york teaching fellows program, do you know about Teach for America, you can check them out at www.teachforamerica.org

i am currently in a master's certification program for english in secondary ed at Temple university.

you can check out my blog at www.meenoorami.blogspot.com

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home