Thursday, December 16, 2004

At the Ole' Uni

It is wierd. I am back on my university campus...Coastal Carolina University. Everything feels so familiar and unchanged. Yes, there are new buildings, new staff, new students but the atmosphere is the same. A warmth and unpretentiousness that seems to characterise so many southern places. I am sitting in the library using the internet. I remember the hours I spent here researching, studying alone and "studying" with friends.

I really did enjoy my time in university. There is no doubt about it. I don't have a single negative memory of this place.

I came to Myrtle Beach last night to see friends that I haven't seen in two years. I surprised everyone. They had no idea I was coming! Yeah, I have had a wonderful time reconnecting with people. My best friends, a wife and husband combo, were the most shocked and I had the best time with them. Their two children are so beautiful and I love that I came into their home and nothing much had changed. Not the essential things at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home