Sunday, February 14, 2010

When Sadness Comes Around

I have been thinking about this sadness that bubbles up every once in awhile. It is not sadness that I dwell on or feel on a daily basis. I sense it at no definite time or in no particular location. It feels like regrets I didn't realize I had. It feels like I am missing things that were taken long ago. It feels like what I would imagine "han" would be. That old sadness that is passed from generation to generation through our cellular make up. I am beginning to realize that at some point in my healing I accepted the existence of this sad space. There are some hurts that cannot be healed. There are violations of the soul that leave scars. What I have learned to do is to be at peace with this. In the same way that the physical body sustains marks and scars from injuries so does the spirit. You learn to enbrace them, put them in their place, honor your resilience and then step forward into the present towards the future.

1 Comments:

Blogger ryran said...

Yay for google. That took 2 seconds with google suggest. Hmmm. Han. Interesting. I wasn't at all aware of that, unsurprisingly.

The concept of some hurts that cannot be healed ... (at least with regards to emotional/spiritual body hurts) seems novel to me. Hmmm.

Your words are beautiful.
I am grateful for them.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home