Sunday, November 09, 2008

Empowered

i prayed the entire drive from florence to my house in conway. i feel like my life is going to be taking some very interesting turns very soon. little by little i am integrating the personality i develped as a child into my healthier, more aware adult self. it has been quite a journey. i am constantly caught off guard and very little in life happens as i thought it would big or small and i have to get to the point where i can just embrace this truth.

one way to do this is not have expectations. just like yesterday, i had no expectations of how the dance class i did would go. i had an amazing time teaching young people hip hop and latin danting! i got goose bumps numerous times. i am beginning to really start thinking about what role i want dance to play in my future.

i am beginning to think more seriously about moving to charleston. i have applied to the position with the National Urban Alliance. i am hoping this positiom will work out because it promises to allow me to blend creativity and my educational knowledge. it also will make it possible for me to achieve some financial and life goals. i am also starting to get more information about becoming an adoptive parent. i am feeling like in the next two years i will be in a place where i can provide a loving, secure home for a little person. by keeping my eyes on this goal i feel like my life has a little more direction and purpose personally.

at the core of me i am feeling a change but as far as Adalia, the person many people know, i am no different. i am beginning to feel more centered and empowered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home