Sunday, January 28, 2007

more sleep?

i am starting to get that antsy, panicky wake up crazy early in the morning feeling again. it is 5 a.m. and i cannot sleep. i usually get like this around transitions. so much to do! make sure my students finish all of their books, get my kinders ready for Festival, start packing and moving my stuff, getting my passport in the mail to the US Embassy so I can get it renewed so I can stay in Korea another year. of course i am most worried about the amount of class time i have with my kinders and the fact that they have so much stuff to memorize for the Festival...a play, numerous songs with movement or dance, and the introduction skit. luckily these kids are bright and young so memorizing comes easily for most of them.

i do have one student Timothy who has had a very difficult time all year with everything. he is finding it difficult to memorize and i am finding it hard to create time to help him in class with so much going on. i think he is one of those really smart kids who needs other ways to be taught. it is actually because of being a teacher for children like him that has made me really want to get my education degree in alternative ways of teaching. he and i do share a mutual affection for eachother so i hope that despite my lack of understanding for how he learns best, he still feels noble. children equate so much of their worth on how they please those adults that are closest to them.

so, anyway, i am awake and it is nearly 6 a.m. and it is almost time for my alarm to go off. maybe i can go back to sleep until then.

1 Comments:

Blogger je_me_souviens said...

you are a real teacher and I am quite suprised that you decided to stay there one more year.

:)

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home