Thursday, July 06, 2006

Inspired by Miz Hill

I am watching the dvd of Lauryn Hill's unplugged concert(2001). I love being able to see her face and hear her voice. I have the cd and have listened to it over and over again through the years. She sings of my soul's struggles and wisdoms. Watching her is making me want to try to "unlock" my voice so that I can do open mics again. That was my "addiction" before dancing. I was a permenant fixture in coffee houses around Myrtle Beach for years...even started a poetry performing group with friends called "Sistah Poets". The last five years or so has seen some shifting and changing inside of me. Although I haven't stopped writing poetry I rarely read anymore. I even performed a one woman playI wrote for an independant theater course, "My Dear Mother Africa". It is incredible to me to look back on myself and see how fearless I once was.
Yeah, God puts these gifts inside of us and we can't rest until we understand how we can use them for the benefit of others and fulfill the desire inside of our souls to create. It is through fulfilling our passions that we praise and show thankfulness to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home