Monday, June 20, 2005

Beauty in Serendipity

It is strange how people enter into my life. Two weeks ago when I went down to Charleston I didn't write about the woman I met. She is the director of an African Dance and Drumming group there. I saw their performance and was so touched with happiness. I caught up with her later to tell her how grateful I was for the performance. We got to talking and I discovered that we connected instantly. I can't explain it. She really felt like we met eachother for a reason and I agree with her. We have similar talents and focus on young people.

Then there is my friend Jess. I met her again, of all places, at Morehouse College where our brothers were graduating. Her brother was one of two white men to graduate from the historically black men's college. The last time I saw this woman was 12 years when I was her camp counselor at Baha'i Summer Academy. She was 15 and I was 18. We were at a Morehouse reception and saw eachother and I nearly fell out. What made this meeting so incredible was the fact that she is working with a non-profit organization in Buenos Aires that works with street kids. She was describing the program and I was telling her of what my future plans were in education. We found that our goals were very similar so now I am thinking of going down there after I get my masters. We'll see.
No one who has come into my life and has placed possibilities in my life are insignificant. There is beauty in this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home