Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Picnicking...Chinese Take Out Style
I finally got to the park and found a nice spot under a tree to set up for a lunch time picnic. It was a beautiful, warm, breezy day. In this particular section of the park there was only me and a family of three sitting on blankets. The festival had not yet begun. I was less than half-way finished with the small amount of food I dished out for myself when I realised that there was no way I was going to finish it. I hadn't even thought about the fact that I have a small stomach and am proned to eating small amounts at 3 hour intervals or that I had no way to keep the food from going bad. I was so hungry that I wasn't realistic. The family across the way...yeah I could ask them, "Would you like some Chinese food?" Just as I thought this, one of the family members waved at me. I looked around to see if it was meant for someone else but no, I was the only person sitting in the path of the wave. After a few more moments of debate, I went over and offered. They accepted and I thanked them for helping me by accepting. I was so happy that they weren't offended. I walked over to the public bathroom to wash lunch off my hands and laughed to myself seeing the door labeled, 'Womams'. Feeling refreshed, I went back to my blanket and enjoyed the sun peeking out from behind lazily moving, billowy clouds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home