Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Where is...?

So, I head off for the park going in the wrong direction...no it's not near the water as I had imagined. So I try to back track then I realise the street I want to take is one way at this particular spot...so I gotta take the parallel road then cut over further up. Traffic isn't bad. It is a moderately nice day. I got good tunes going. I got enough gas...so I'm not trippin'. As I go further up towards the park I see the change in lanscape and feel the changing vibes. I move from the well kept, thoughtfully maintained, predominately white part of town into the run down, ignored black part of town. I feel at ease in both spots but I must admit that the latter feels more like home to me. I know I am in the area for the park, at least that is what my map says, but I can't find it. I pull down a dead end street and ask a guy, "Where is the park?" He and the guy with him are trying to find out who is going to answer...all non-verbal of course. "Well," he says, "You go back up and take a right. At the next street take a right. Go up to Rutledge and take a left. You will see the park. Take a right and follow the street around." I give a big, smiling thanks and do a u-turn. Following his directions I get to the park. I am much too early. Man, I am hungry. Where to eat?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home