Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Driving

I hit 95 south and let the speedometer needle hit 80...sometimes 85 but no higher. I missed driving while I was in Korea. I put one of my mix cd's in the player and went into "driver meditation". I let things become quiet inside as I made my way to Charleston, South Carolina. I think alot when I am driving. I don't think at all when I am driving. It is hard for me to have someone in the car with me who isn't comfortable with silence. When I am in a car on a long trip, it is my time to be quiet. I am pulled forward by the destination and the car seems to move on its own.
I came to the familiar surroundings of Mt. Pleasant..a town right outside of Charleston. I could feel my excitement mount as I changed the cd to another one. A crazy mix of live Cuban Salsa music...a compilation made for me by a Korean friend. I let all the windows down and the music spilled out. My favorite part of the drive is when I cross the waterway on a really narrow bridge which connects the town to the city. Following the signs for downtown, I made my way to the Visitors Center to find out how to get to the Piccolo Spoleto Festival Finale. I discovered that I had passed the location and had to make my way back. This began my 2 hour long adventure finding the park and a place to eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home