Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Somethings Off

I think that I am finally able to understand the nature of what it is that is bothering me so much. I have been silent about so much and in all honesty, I couldn't figure out what it was that was bothering me. I think I know now. Being here isn't just about living in another culture for two years but being in a completely different environment for most of my life. I got really angry today and it was really a build up of many different things. From the first day I was here I have had to hear people speak negatively about someone I cared about or talk about them in a way that would be hurtful to them. I have seen people not let others change. That somehow they are supposed to stay the same. I have watched people desiring to make changes in their life but receive little to know encouragement from their peers. There is also an undercurrent of passive aggressive behaviour and hidden meanings. I am not used to having to maneuver around in an atmosphere like this. My gut is all clinched up and I am uneasy. Something doesn't feel right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home