Sunday, March 20, 2005

Getting the Courage

Today is another beautiful day. The sun is out and radiating a warmth that I have been longing for. I woke up today not feeling nearly as sad and a bit determined. Now is the time. There is no better time than when I am not busy with the necessities of life and I have a supportive companion. I realised this morning that what attracted **** to me in the first place was spirituality and strength. That is what he saw four years ago when i met he and my sister for a brief lunch. That is what he remembered about me. That is why he still liked me all these years. Who else am I to be than the person I am?

I feel like I have been given another God moment to have the opportunity to feel free enough to truly explore what it means to lead a prayerful life...a spiritual life. I am not saying ignoring the practical and human....that has been my journey up to this point. I had to come to terms with my humaness to be able to truly live a life of spirit. To not be judgemental. To be sympathetic regarding the trials of others. To not take pride in what God has given me. To be patient with myself and a bit more merciful.

Yes, today is a beautiful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home