Thursday, March 03, 2005

Full Circle

Things are coming full circle. A few years back I got thrown off course a little by getting involved with a man who hurt me so deeply it has taken years for me to get better. I met him at a conference that I was sent to in preparation for a Children and Youth Program Director position at the Louis Gregory Baha'i Institute in Hemingway South Carolina. I really wanted the position but he was having reservations about moving here. I ended up moving to be nearer to him and got to know him so well that I am incredibly relieved and happy that I didn't marry him.

Today I got a phone call from a friend telling me that the position is still not filled and they are looking for someone. Full circle.

The hesitation?..well, I would go into the position financially ill prepared. I have gone from job to job like this. I would not have the opportunity to connect some of my friends in Korea with the Baha'i activities going on there. In Korea I have the opportunity to get myself financially straight. I can pay off some big bills without going hungry and worrying if I will have somewhere to sleep. I will not need a car to get around nor a computer to do my job. If I were to stay here and start that position I would have to be helped to buy a car and get a place to live. I don't want that. I am done with letting people help me in this way.

The thing is, maybe I need to take the hard road. I could start the Masters program because the position fits perfectly into what I would be doing. I have no idea how much it would pay and even if I have the credentials for the position.

Something else to pray and think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home