Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Getting to Know Mike

I have been spending the past few days with ****. I am very happy I am getting to know him. For the first time I am learning about someone that the intial attraction wasn't sexual. I know this may not sound right to some people..."man that is cold, she just said she doesn't find the guy attractive." No, I said "sexual attraction". It is easy to become "friends" with someone because you "connected" only to find out that the intial attraction was sexual. This is not enough to maintain any friendship that has potential to become more. At times I have gone so far as to mistake it for a spiritual connection. I can tell the difference because I am clear headed and it has been so much easier to talk with him feeling at ease. I am attracted to him and it has happened as I have gotten to know him better.

There is also the fact that he is so real. Basically what you see is what you get. No pretense. No trying to be something he isn't. He says what he needs to say and is silent when he wants to be. He speaks up when something is wrong. He also looks at the principle involved in situations where there are disagreements. Of course we haven't had any arguments but when he talks about work and interacting with other people, he refers to the principle involved.

He wants to get to know me better and for the first time I am seeing there is a process to this. That not everyone jumps into "coupledom" right away. It could be me too. The fact that I have grown up and am more able to slow myself down. I am more interested in the process now and less the end product. He could easily become a best friend if we find that we are too different on some essential things. As long as I keep myself in check. I am trying to think of more diverse ways we can spend time together without having to go to eachother's houses when it is getting late.

It is so nice when you are given another chance to use the wisdom gained from past experiences. In some ways it is very exciting. Yeah...pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home