Monday, November 17, 2008

Failure=Success

well, i am pretty sure that i failed the praxis exam. i feel certain about it. there were things on the test that i have never seen before. i was majorly upset afterwards and had a heated rant with my mom. she was able to talk me out of it and then as the anger and feeling of stupidity cleared i realized, hmmmm, this could be a good thing. if i don't pass i do my internship in the fall rather than the spring. this means i can just focus on my project. i am thinking i can work as a sub for the spring semester and then focus alot of energy on developing my instructional model. also, the timing works well for a job i applied for. that job, of they accept my application, wouldn't start until next november or december which is right after my intership would be done. in the long run this could be a wonderful thing!!! so i will be happy either way but i am kinda hoping i failed :) i also will audit some US History classes and then retake the exam. I realised that is where i an really weak because i didn't take US History in High School and my college courses, especially my last two years, were heavy in Southern History and African History...stuff not on the Praxis.

on a really great note, i taught my first econ classes today and they went really well. i think that my cooperating teacher was very impressed! the students were engaged the whole time and seemed to really enjoy the lesson! i am sooooo happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home