Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Morehouse Man

My dear brother Vahid is now a Morehouse man!!! Yes, there are no words to capture how proud I am of him. My mother, sister, her boyfriend and I went down to Atlanta for his graduation. Friday was the Rite of Passage program. Saturday was the Bacclarate program which was full to capacity with a truly dynamic speaker. Sunday was the BIG day. We woke up at 4:30am to be there by 5:30am to get good seats. It rained. Hard rain. Drenching rain. We had umbrellas and were given huge plastic garbage bags to cover ourselves with. We sat in the rain for over three hours to watch my beautiful brother walk in proceeded by a group of drummers playing traditional African drums. We watched him cross the stage on a big screen. Then headed off to King's Chapel to get out of the rain and wait for him to arrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home