Tuesday, November 25, 2008

101 Goals

About a week or so ago I got an email from a sista friend describing the process of sitting down and listing 101 goals. It didn't matter how big or small they were, just to simply give the freedom for my spirit to have a voice. I have heard the word "abundance" from some of my closest friends over and over again. As I have started to keep my eyes open to "God Moments" I see so often that the divine universe is truly overflowing with every good thing I need, whether it be a painful eye-opening test or moments of completeness when I am engaged in a task that speaks to my heart and soul. Embracing the concept of abundance is a humbling process. It is humbling in that you have to trust yourself and God enough to simply let go and not be in control. I get to choose how to react to the things that are brought into my life. Making a choice understanding the reality of abundance means freedom from the sadness and pain that comes from thinking that I am not enough. So remembering all of this, I am going to write 101 goals then read 1 Kings 3...my friend suggested reading this passage about Solomon and how he achieved such greatness.

1. Finish grad school.
2. Do well in my classes.
3. Become focused on the present.
4. Get the yard raked.
5. Buy groceries.
6. Outline my project.
7. Talk with my advisor about not doing my internship next semester to focus on my project.
8. Find out what I need to do to be a substitute teacher or a TA.
9. Get the text and photos to Spike for the website.
10. Send Bernard money for the laptop.
11. Look into Phd programs.
12. Clean my room.
13. Decorate my room.
14. Send an email to my friends in Chicago.
15. Call the mechanic about my battery and the connectors.
16. Do my assignents that are due on Monday.
17. Find my LiveText brochure to be able to post the material from my practicum.
18. Open a school.
19. Take dance classes in Chicago.
20. Buy a nice winter coat.
21. Buy a layering jacket.
22. Change my Itunes from my PC to my laptop.
23. Buy a new bedspread.
24. Buy underwear and bras.
25. Buy layering clothes for winter.
26. Get to know myself to the point that I am ok being single until I meet a guy with all the criteria.
27. Start to pray in the morning and the evening.
28. Start to pray for guidance to meet waiting souls to hear Baha'u'llah's message.
29. Look at ways that I can incorporate Devotions and Study Circles into what I am doing.
30. Let go of past hurts.
31. Let go of the idea that I met the guy who would be my lifelong companion.
32. Get financially stable.
33. Go to a dermatologist to have my face looked at...I keep inexplicably breaking out.
34. Learn to do threading.
35. Learn to pluck my own eyebrows.
36. Get new suede put on the soles of my dance shoes.
37. Get the button moved on the dress I bought for teaching.
38. Be happy and embrace being single.
39. Forgive myself for poor decisions I made in the past.
40. Forgive myself for loving someone who didn't love me back.
41. Learn to radiantly acquiese to the Will of God.
42. Continue to pray for the perception to perceive God's Will.
43. Continue to pray for the wisdom and strength to accept and act on God's Will.
44. Visit Windi and the baby.
45. Become more focused on how I can serve the community I live in.
46. Send an email to all of the folks that I want to have as instructors at the next Latin Dance conference.
47. Start changing the previous website for the next conference.
48. Talk with Anana about the instructors course.
49. Look into hotels that are close to the venue and get rates.
50. Develop a lesson for Senor Frogs.
51. Say the prayer for decisions.
52. Get to the school and finish my tasks for the assistantship.
53. Pay bills.
54. Do pilates.
55. Do a through cleaning of the house.
56. Get another Dean Koontz book to read.
57. Find a venue to host Latin dance parties on my own terms.
58. Stay home.
59. Overcome the the sadness that keeps me on the road and not at home.
60. Get a massage the next time Badi comes home.
61. Buy a ticket for the Winter Ball in Atlanta.
62. Make enough money in the first year or two after grad school to buy my first house in cash.
63. Buy fruit and vegetables.
64. Start cooking at home.
65. Learn how to make one person meals.
66. Finish this list.
67. Visit my cousins.
68. Remember that dance is my first love.
69. Embrace dance remembering why I do it.
70. Start writing poetry again.
71. Attend a poetry workshop.
72. Hone my dancing skills.
73. Let myself enjoy time with guys I am attracted to without committing to something prematurely.
74. Play with some new hair styles.
75. Buy an electric men's razor.
76. Have a bubble bath with music and candles.
77. Make new playlists on my Ipod.
78. Change the names of some playlists.
79. Make new dance lesson playlists.
80. Diversify the music on my Ipod.
81. Try to get to at least 3 gigs on my Ipod.
82. Start looking at homes in Charleston and planning to buy.
83. Start looking at new/used cars and planning to buy.
84. Present my instructional model at the next ABS conference and SED conference.
85. Have my project ready before the summer.
86. Make connections with agencies that I can collaborate with.
87. Obtain grants and funding for my project.
88. Develop a team for putting all the pieces together for the project.
89. Save money next semester to be able to go to South/Central America.
90. Go to South/Central America.
91. Learn Spanish.
92. Create new dance pieces.
93. Start a dance company.
94. Adopt at least one child in the next 5 years.
95. I would love to get married.
96. Go to Korea to visit friends and family.
97. Visit my friend Sara in Halifax.
98. Build a house.
99. Travel the world learning dance and how to be a better teacher.
100. Meditate daily.
101. Love myself unconditionally.

In 1 Kings 3, Solomon had a dream in which he asks God for an understanding heart and the ability to discern between good and bad. Because he asked for the understanding to discern judgement, God helps him to see that He gave him every good thing already. Solomon had recently become king and felt unworthy for the post and asked God for discernment which God acknowledged that He had already given him. God also revealed to Solomon, that by walking in His ways, keeping His statutes and commandments, Solomon would live a long life.

Matthew 17: 19~21 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out (the devil out of a little boy)? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of a mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home