Sunday, April 30, 2006

Haunted by the Past

I just woke up from an afternoon nap...very rare these days...and had a strange dream. I was at some function and was sitting on bleechers with a friend near me. I am not sure what we were watching...I think a performance or a speech of some sort. Then my ex-fiance shows up...I can still see him clearly. I know he sees me sitting there but he ignores me as he walks up through the bleechers and greets the girl he cheated on me with. They were all smiles and he was holding her by her head and smiling and talking...a very intimate exchange. Then they sit down and the friend next tome starts cutting the fool and I end up laughing and falling over. I know he sees me and sees that I don't care that he ignored me or that he is with her. Then I either woke up or moved on to another dream.

I haven't had a dream with him or her in it for a long time. When I first came to Korea I was still having these night terror dreams that started when I was in Chicago...bad breakup...and as I healed the dreams just stopped. Once I had taken away the power I had given him. This is the first dream in a long time and I saw him so clearly. I can see why I was attracted to him. He was a handsome man...an immature, cowardly, selfish handsome man and I was too immature myself to see it.

I heard the girl got married and I really am not sure if it was him or not. I assumed not him but I am not sure. Whatever the situation it's okay. I think there still is a part of me that is hurt by the whole thing and maybe that is what the dream was revealing to me, that any trace of negative feelings isn't good for me. I'll see what my intuition and prayers tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home