Sunday, April 23, 2006

Being at One

Until tonight I had forgotten the gift I received when I met one of my cousins or the first time. Not long out of rehab and going to AA meetings, asked me to come along. Ahhhh, I was so humbled. I saw struggle that has a face. The air charged with fear, hope, determination, defeat, shame, guilt, and truth. People brought so low that there was no other option but to be honest. The only way to heal was to admit to the poison, to addiction, to the fact they had lost control. I was amongst giants and I knew it. What am I trying to say...that I have felt the same way, that I am sure that to whom much is given much is required and I have been given so much...I am not talking only about being a Baha'i. Yes, I had a hard childhood but was blessed with wisdom beyond my years...I have lived a charmed life since those days despite my heartbreaks and pains I am still whole. I am now whole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home