Thursday, July 28, 2005

Eating and Re-Connecting

Today I met my friend Hyun-Ah for lunch in Myeongdong. She is in Toastmasters with me. This was our first time spending time together outside of Toastmasters activities. We had such a nice lunch..talking about what we have been doing, men, leg waxing...yeah, I get my legs waxed. This morning was my first time getting it done in Korea and it was painful. I think the girls who did it let the wax cool too much. They were very quick about the whole thing...in and out in about 20 minutes. There was no schmoozing and they just talked about DVD Bongs and movies, in Korean of course...they had no idea that I understood a good bit of what they were saying. Needless-to-say, I expect to be hairless for quite awhile.

Last night I had dinner and tea at a beautiful coffee shop with my friend Young-Min. She and I have been close for awhile. She was one of the first friends I made over two years ago. She became a Baha'i during that time. We had so much catching up to do. She works for an intersting non-profit called the Beautiful Foundation. We will be working together on planning and carrying out Baha'i activities. She also helped me get some privates, money that will help pay for dance classes.

Yesterday I went to the Immigration Office to apply for my Alien Identification Card...yes, I am an alien here :) All went well.

Today it is raining. I must say that I really like rain. It inspires me to write. Oh yeah!! I spoke with my friend Faysal last night and we will be meeting for lunch tomorrow....yeah...lots of eating going on!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home