Wednesday, July 27, 2005

One Week In Korea

This weeks impressions after being back in Korea.

I feel completely at home. At ease. I do feel differently inside though. I feel like I went through a transformation while I was at home. A change only I can notice and feel. I am thankful that I got the opportunity to reconnect with my family as an adult and was able to resolve some long standing inner struggles.

My school is very well organized and child oriented. The subject matter is geared toward their ages and ability. There is enough going on in the learning process that they are not bored but there is enough consistancy that they are learning. I like this most. I am not only teaching someone to mimic English but to actually speak.

My apartment is small and very modern. Well laid out with enough storage space. I am hard at work trying to figure out how I will try to maximize the space I do have so that I can have meetings at my place.

I am trying to get in touch with the Baha'i community closest to me, Bundang. I want to first find out what is going on there and how I can be of service before I commit to anything else.

Re-connecting with friends has been wonderful. My heart is so full and happy. I have met at least a friend a day. I have already been dancing too and had a very good, impromptu dinner with the owner of the club I go to. We were very happy to see one another.

Yes, so far so good and I thank God for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home