Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Being Named

I have been given various names throughout my short life. Each name describes a part of my character as seen by other people...except for Jeong-Eui. Let's see....I am Adalia-noble one/justice as named by my parents. I am Shingai-Be brave and of good courage as named by a television host in Zimbabwe who interviewed me. I am Oshupah-One with light in her eyes as named by a medicine man from a Native American tribe near Mrytle Beach South Carolina....I was the television host that time. I am Jeong-Eui-Justice as named by me because it is the Korean translation of Justice...one of the meanings of Adalia. So I came full circle...back to the name of my birth. What I have difficulty with is letting go of any of these names because they all describe me...but that would be a helluva long name to put on forms... Adalia Bahiyyih Shingai Oshupah Jeong-Eui Ellis...and if I got married and hyphenated that, I'd be sayin my name for days...so I am simply Adalia. I think that captures all of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home